Have you ever considered working in your local primary or secondary school in the classroom as a Teaching Assistant?
This innovative and extremely successful five week course begins on Monday 10th February 2020 and gives the training and hands on experience to help you secure a position in a school.
- Role of a primary and secondary TA
- Behaviour Management
- Working effectively with the class teacher
- Introduction to SEN
- Meeting the needs of bilingual pupils
- Working in a special school
- Classroom displays
- Lesson observations
- Visits to special/local schools
- Introduction to Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- Application and Interview Skills
The course includes two placements, both lasting two weeks each, within local schools giving participants invaluable experience within the classroom.
An Information Event will be held at George Abbot School in November 2019.
Final dates and times to be confirmed.
For further information please contact Suzy Wright on 01483 888049 or email email@example.com
George Abbot School, and all its partner schools, are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced CRB will be required for all delegates.