Paid Internship Scheme for Teaching
George Abbot Teaching School is offering an exciting opportunity for those in the penultimate year of their degree. The Paid Internship scheme for teaching allows undergraduates to gain experience of the teaching profession over 4 weeks during the summer. Interns will be paid £300 per week whilst exploring teaching as a future career choice.
If you’re an undergraduate of maths, engineering or physics and are interested in teaching secondary maths or physics, then the Teaching Internship programme could be for you.
The programme takes place in one of our partner schools in or near Guildford from 17thJune – 12thJuly.
The opportunity gives you experience of a range of content and activities to help you get a feel for the teaching profession, such as:
- Introduction to the Teaching Standards.
- Learning theories, child development and adolescent mental health issues
- Child protection
- Valuable classroom experience: assisting with lessons and providing subject support to pupils.
- Observing of lessons, shadowing experience teachers, and in some cases, planning and delivering lessons.
- Guidance and mentoring from outstanding teachers.
Your internship will put you in control and allow you to decide if a career in teaching is for you. There is no commitment to train to teach following your internship. However if you decide to apply for future Initial Teaching Training, help with your application will be provided. Should you go on to successfully secure a place, this 4 week internship will contribute towards this.
Recruitment is now open. To enquire or to apply, please request an application pack by emailing; email@example.com.
CLOSING DATE: FRIDAY 26ThAPRIL
*Please note that applications from final year Undergraduates are welcomed and will also be considered by the DfE.